One more before bed.
Netflix released its shareholder letter today and had some interesting results. Jake Bright mentioned in his comments during the book launch for The Next Africa, that Netflix is paying attention to what is happening in African markets in the internet TV streaming space. So, when I saw that Netflix released its letter I figured I should take a look. Interesting highlights:
- 43 million members in the US
- 23 million members internationally
- Nearly nine million more paid subscribers year-to-year in Q2 2015
- 48 percent year-to-year international revenue growth
- Launching Japan in Q3 2015, and Spain, Italy, and Portugal in Q4 2015
- Plan to be fully global by the close of 2016
Does anything else stand out to you in the letter?